Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Random

  • It has been beyond gorgeous out this past week. The girls and I have to stop and remember to say "Thank you, God, for this beautiful weather." We've been to the park, played outside, went for a walk--just generally enjoyed being outside.
  • I just went through the box of "goodies" MIL sent home with hubby last week for me. There are three different size springform pans, which I have never used that type of cake pan before. I see a cheesecake somewhere in the near future!
  • Somehow in my effort to lose weight, I've been gaining this week. Grrr. I'm really hoping its muscle. Yeah, muscle--that's it!
  • Emma has a birthday party after school, then there is a neighborhood bonfire/gathering. The whole idea behind the bonfire was to roast marshmallow/make smores and have hot apple cider and hot chocolate. It will be about 65-70 degrees so I guess we'll bring some chilled adult beverages instead.
  • I'm trying to steer the girls into Halloween costumes that I want. I asked Leah if she wanted to be Yoda and she said, "Nah, no thank you." I see a princess or Little Mermaid in her Halloween future. Last time I asked Emma she said Spiderman. We actually have a Spiderman costume in the dress-up stuff, but that wasn't what I was thinking. Last year she was so adorable as a vet.
  • I went to McDonald's today for lunch and they were out of the $1 parfaits. How cruel!

2 comments:

kmm0305 said...

You, too, could be enjoying this same weather in the Big O! ;) How is school going for SC? Has the Spawn gotten any better? We miss you!

Cristin said...

It was really warm here today too... I'm ready for fall Dammit!!

Graham would love to be Spiderman.. I'm resisting the urge to have us all dress up as the Wizard of Oz... We have a Dorothy... we have her whole childhood to torture her with that one right??