Sunday, September 28, 2008

I've got nothing

Not a whole lot has been happening at the Casa de Double O lately. Emma ended up having a virus, stayed home one day, then went back to school to share her virus with all her friends like a good little girl. Heck, every Dr's appointment/health care related trip for the rest of the year is covered so I'm going in for every little thing now. Hang nail? Let's check it out. Paper cut? Why not. Bruised philtrum? I'm there. Just kidding, that would be way too much time on the phone and waiting around the germ-infested doctor's office.

Speaking of Emma, she came off the bus Friday in tears. She had left her jacket (not a big deal) and her beloved Webkinz, Zack, (quite a big deal) in her locker. I had to wake up Leah, drag them up to school, and retrieve said items. I know, I know this was a perfect time to teach responsibility and let her live without it for the weekend. The thought did cross my mind, but the fact that it was a weekend and I'd have to spend the next two days with an overly crabby child who would be lamenting her missing Webkinz (that thing goes everywhere with her at the moment) made the "nice mom" in me come out. Guess what? I still had two over crabby children for the next two days, just WITH their Webkinz.

I made a few bucks this weekend. Some of the neighborhood gals had a garage sale and I had only a few things to sell. Right now I have about an extra $30 or so burning a hole in my pocket--that is about 1/2 of what I made; the rest of it goes to my friend, Robyn, whose stuff was the majority of what I sold. Then a neighbor was selling a women's bike for $35 and I said I was interested. So that may be the end of all my profits.

The fam, plus Grandma and Grandpa B, went to an Iowas State women's volleyball game last night. We were hosting Nebraska who is ranked in the top 5 nationally and is currently undefeated. We did take the second set from them and the third set went to 25-27 (our loss), but the Huskers walked away with the win. It was fun, and tickets were only $1. However, we spend $14 on concessions to balance out the cheap admission.

I had been waiting all week for a pair of new shoes that my mom had to pick up at a store close to where she works. Even though I got the size I wear, they were too big. :( I wasn't able to try them on because the store where we bought them at didn't have my size. I'm pretty sure no where in the state of Iowa will have the size I need at the price we bought them. I was so looking forward to my cool new pair of expensive shoes that I got for cheap.
Photobucket

Okay, so I had a little more to say than nothing, although none of it was terribly inspiring or humorously witty (as all my other posts are, you know). We'll see what this week brings.

3 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED!

Yeah, that's all I got.

Why would you want a real bike? Those things suck, you could fall. Get a stationary. At least when you fall off you hit soft carpet ;)

Mandy said...

I love those shoes!

Cristin said...

The shoes are great!

What a good Momma, going to rescue the Webkinz... I'd have done it too, rather than listening to the alternative.. no thanks. Pick your battles.