Monday, September 1, 2008

Got any motivation to spare?

I hate to beat a dead (fat) horse, but I need to find some motivation. Motivation to do things around the house that I've neglected (like organizing closets, putting receipts away, cleaning out the van), motivation to keep my 3 year old entertained at home, and motiviation to lose weight. I know I've talked about this before, but I really need to do something. I had been happily coasting for awhile after losing a few pounds, but now they are back and brought friends.

I don't know what it is going to take to make it "click". On Saturday I had on my new skirt that I thought was so hip and adorable. Emma sees what I'm wearing and promptly says, "Mom, you look pregnant." Gee, thanks, darling daughter! JUST what I wanted to hear! Now that Leah has heard the story, she will say, "Mom, you have a baby in your tummy?" Nothing says you need to lose a few like your daughters' thinking you are pregnant.

I've tried all the mantras:
"It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle"--yeah, will my lifestyle doesn't usually involve recording everything I eat and exercising daily
"It's not a spring, it's a marathon"--have I mentioned I don't like running; neither sprints nor marathons. I don't have the patience for the weight loss thing to take 5+ years.
"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"--have you tasted Great Plains Pizza? Its pretty damn good.
"Don't be a slave to the scale, go by how your clothes fit"--I kinda like to have quantitative data to back up my efforts

I've tried to make it fun by buying a new, cute notebook to record what I eat or buying a new water bottle so I can consume 200 oz of water a day (which I usually average about 10 oz--not so good, I know). I've tried the sites like sparkpeople and now OSB. I feel like I've tried it all.

And its not just for vanity. I need to do it for my health as well. I have high cholesterol which I need to try and get down . . . by diet and exercise.

So today is a new month, a new beginning, a fresh start. I don't know where my motivation is coming from yet, but it has to be around somewhere.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Motivation doesn't exactly run rampant in our family - at least not with us girls.

Nate needs to lose about 10 lbs to fit in his suit for his HoF induction, but that's not happening. He blames it on me not meal planning like I was last year when we both lost weight.

I wish I knew what to tell you, I know I'm going to need to find motivation from somewhere to lose the weight after this kid is born. I'm like you, I know what I *need* to do, but actually doing it is a whole other story.

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Girl, I feel your pain!
If indeed you find a motivation pill, tree, store...whatever, let me know....ASAP!

Cristin said...

Too funny! I could have written this exact post. I detest exercise, I adore anything fried, fatty and salty, and I'm far too lazy to keep track of freaking points.

Those sayings are so completely annoying that I want to keep all these extra pounds just to spite them.