Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday meme

I've been trying to avoid the news/papers/TV/internet since I didn't want to re-hash our less-than-stellar performance on the football field yesterday. Thanks to Cristin, I've been tagged and now get to blog about something totally unrelated to the Cyclones.

1. Where were you 10 years ago?
I was just starting my second year of grad school at the University of Minnesota. Hubby and I had been married just over a year and were living in a lovely 2-bedroom apartment. The best thing about where we lived was I was literally 7 minutes from the doors of the Mall of America. God, I love that place.

2. What is on your to-do list for today?
Ah, this is very exciting stuff. Let's see--put the girls' clean clothes away, pick up random toys in the basement, think about going on the treadmill or doing some other form of exercise, and taking the girls to a playdate this afternoon. Man, we are booked. ;)

3. What if you were a billionaire?
Wouldn't that be nice sometimes? I'd probably do things like set up trust funds to make sure children/grandchildren/future generations could hopefully take advantage of the money. I'd build my parents a new house that doesn't get water in it every time it rains. Hubby could play golf all the time--maybe he could even afford a membership to Augusta and fulfill his dream of playing there. Help families dealing with CDH. I would have great hair, a fantabulous wardrobe (nothing fancy, just "cool" SAHM clothes), and have all the shoes I currently only can lust over.

4. Name 5 places you have lived:
Hmm, there may only be 5!
Hampton, IA
Ames, IA
Eagan, MN
Lakeville, MN
Carroll, IA
That's it, people--all within about a 130 mile radius of where I was born

5. What are three bad habits that you have?
1. Picking/ripping my nails off.
2. Leaving dirty clothes on the floor
3. One or two that I do not want to admit to ;)

6. What kind of snack do you like?
I am so with Cristin on this one--cereal. And chocolate. And peanut butter. And chocolate in peanut butter. And the occasional Starbucks.

7. Who would you like to tag next?
Farm Girl and TJ

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I'm so curious about the bad habits you aren't revealing.

Have you had Reece's cereal?? Peanut Butter and Chocolate in cereal form... perfection in a bowl.

Kim said...

Trev Alberts lives here in Marietta and he was the speaker at our Founder's Day banquet last winter. He is so funny, and very down to earth Midwesterner, no doubt about it.

Huskers won, but it was New Mexico State, I think. It was pay per view so we watched USC-Ohio State instead.

Unknown said...

Nate said that Iowa State actually had the better offense. But getting down to the red zone THREE times and not being able to score? Not so good.