Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

Here are a few of my favorite labor days:

May 14, 2003 (evening before Emma's birthday)
Photobucket

August 10, 2005 (evening before Leah's birthday)
Photobucket

Wait, is that not what this holiday is about? Oh, that's right. We only get to celebrate that like on Mother's Day--no day off from work or anything for that one. As you can see, I prefer to labor lying down, preferably asleep with copious amounts of drugs. Unfortunately the hospital where I delivered Leah didn't offer epidurals--not fun. I'm a fan of epidurals.

I tried to get out of making supper for tonight by claiming its labor day; the best hubby could do was tell me to order a pizza. Actually I'm making bbq ribs, corn on the cob, watermelon, and garlic bread. No labor involved in that meal, eh?

I know I will eat my words, but I am ready for some cooler, fall-ish weather (not cold, mind you--just cool). Its been close to 90 the whole weekend which is just fine, but I'm ready to bust out all those fall clothes I bought the girls. Bring on fall, football, apples, falling leaves, crisp autumn air, and all the other good things September and October bring (like a new niece/nephew as well!)

6 comments:

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

What do you MEAN the hospital didn't offer epidurals? HUHHH? That is wrong. In a nutshell. Just wrong.

Cristin said...

HA!!! I don't have any pics of me in labor with either kid... thank goodness, it wasn't a pretty sight.

Jenn M said...

ditto to Cristin; I kinda wonder what I looked like exactly but am 100% confident it wasn't pretty. DH must have agreed because he never turned the camera on me when he was doing his pre-baby camera checks, hmmm interesting!

Jenn M said...

Forgot to add, though, you look ravishing in labor! HOW did you manage that?!!

TJ said...

Ooo - you do look good for 9 months pregnant. I had such fast labors I didn't have any time for before photos. ;) It is probably for the good.

Tara

Unknown said...

I know we've been lucky in the fact this summer has actually been more mild than average. I don't know how you survived when you were pg with Leah. All I did today was lay on the couch, eat and pee, I was so hot.

I'm ready for fall. And to have this kid!