Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Should've been

Today should have been Leah's first day at preschool. :( I truly thought she would be ready when I signed her up in March, but she's just not quite there yet. Maybe she'll be potty-trained by the time she goes to kindergarten. We are on the wait-list, so maybe we'll get in at mid-year. If not, its not a huge deal. Now I get to come up with fun, creative, mind-expanding activities to do on my own. Does watching "Sid the Science Kid" while I'm blogging count?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks for all the glowing comments about my appearance during labor. With Emma I was definitely one of "those" moms who threw on just enough make-up to look good without looking over done. I was wearing my favorite shade of Cover Girl long-last lip color. I had done my hair. I even think I don't look too shabby after going through labor and birth (including hurling about 5 different times--I could've slapped the nurse who says, "It's good, it helps bring the baby down!"). We have pictures all throughout labor & delivery, including two short video clips of the actual birth and hubby cutting the cord (while holding the camera and taping).

With Leah I think that was the last picture taken on the camera until John got to Omaha the next day. We are sad that we don't have more pictures from her birth--the only ones taken in Carroll that we have are a couple that the nurse printed off on plain paper after she went to the "nursery" and a couple of horrible Polaroid shots that were taken after she was in the transport incubator to be sent to Omaha.

And yes, that evil hospital did not offer epidurals. I think it had to do something with the fact that they used nurse anesthetists instead of anesthesiologists--I could be way off on that fact. Anyway, I know they wouldn't give me one even though I told my Dr. I knew how I would react to pain and that would be the best thing for me. Not my best labor and delivery experience.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Since we're not going to preschool today, we are going furniture shopping, to Target, and to the library. Never mind the fact that I spent about $130 between Target and WalMart last week, there are still things we need. I would save so much money if no one, including the cat, would need products for bodily functions that happen below the waist. Diapers, pull ups, toilet paper, tampons, and kitty litter--such a waste of money.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Worse than no pre-school could be a screaming kid at pre-school. ;)

I am new to this kitty litter stuff. Tampons? I thought you would be a Diva girl after hanging on BC. ;)

Have a good one!

Cristin said...

I have a couple rough looking polaroids of Graham minutes after he was born too... I may post them someday...

Is potty training a requirement for Leah to go to preschool?? If that were the case with Graham he'd STILL BE HOME! I shudder to think....