Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I am Thankful

With the rush to Christmas, it is hard to slow down and remember to celebrate Thanksgiving. It has been a crazy year but we still have been blessed and are thankful for many things (in no particular order):
  • A job for hubby--Even though it's not a dream job, he doesn't get paid enough, and his commute sucks, I am so thankful that he has a job and we were able to stay where we wanted to be.
  • Insurance--With the presidential election, there were many discussions about insurance and how a lot of people go without. We used ours to the max this year and are taking advantage of everything we can before Jan. 1. CT scan anyone? We've already had two in the family this year--let's go for three. We may not have had the healthiest year, but at least we were able to take care of things and not worry too much about the cost.
  • Doctors--Goes hand-in-hand with insurance. We are thankful for skilled surgeons and doctors who take care of our whole family.
  • Family--we have an awesome family. From hubby who works too hard and makes many sacrifices for us to our dd's who make us laugh everyday to our parents who are always there to our siblings whom we love each and every one. Who else do you know is as excited as I am to go to the in-laws for 4 days and see all our family?
  • Friends--in real life and online. I have found a group of friends IRL where we have fun and help each other out. And to all my online friends, you are what keeps me going throughout the day! Don't mind all those high numbers on your tickers, it is probably me checking your blog 20 times a day.
  • Our home--we've been here 1 year on Sunday. I love our house and our neighborhood.

We hope that your year has been filled with many blessings as well.

Since it is that time of year, Emma has made many turkey crafts at school.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Note that it says she is thankful for her dog. She doesn't have a dog, except her stuffed dogs--I guess she's thankful for those)

Photobucket

She came home wearing this yesterday. They must've made them at the end of the day because her hair was all full of glue. Nice.

Photobucket

This Emma created at home all by herself. At the time, she and I were having some "issues" so she went off to play in her room by herself. She came down to show me what she made--this turkey, and inside the cup were things she was thankful for. (Including the plastic spider ring and candy that were still in the cup from Halloween, but you get the idea). Very creative and heart warming.

Now, go forth and eat lots of turkey!

4 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

I am thankful that you have blogged so I have something to read ;)

What "issues" could a 5 year old possibly have? ;) Oh yeah, that's right, girls have issues at all ages.

Happy Turkey Day!

Cristin said...

Happy late Turkey Day! I skipped the holiday this year and worked instead.

Cristin said...

Happy late Turkey Day! I skipped the holiday this year and worked instead.

Cristin said...

I have no idea why that double posted.... blogger is smoking the good stuff again.