Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm trying to do my part!

As you probably already know, our economy is pretty much in the crapper right now. Housing bust, credit meltdown, consumer spending lower than its ever been. Gloom. Doom.

One of the latest retailers to be hit hard was Target. Honestly people, I think my spending alone should keep Target above water. Last week I was there every. single. day. This week I had to go on Saturday before my child would be having accidents all over the floor (that is a post for a different day) and my cat would starve to death. Both items were on sale--bonus! And now I need to go again today to refill a prescription and find some shoes to fit Emma. Her feet are doing their part to keep the economy going as well; I swear she's grown two sizes since school started.

Target says sales are lacking in their home decorating departments and clothing. Again, I'm trying to help! Half our beds have bedding from Target, as well as a bathroom done totally in Target. Granted there are a lot of accessory pieces I could be buying for our bare walls, but maybe I will now that they are supposed to be slashing prices.

Please, Target, do whatever you need to do to stay in the game. The world would be a sad, sad place if we only had Wal-Mart. Every time I have to go to Wally World, I come running back to you for all the reasons I love you so much. Your pretty red carts, your bright interior, your friendly smiling staff, your great prices. And clearance, that magical red tag that means I'm saving a lot. I love it all, and I'll always shop at Target. I'm doing my part--I swear!

6 comments:

Wanda said...

Say it isn't so.....Target has to stick around. I heart them!

Don't talk like that please!
Economy shmonomy!
Tarshay will never go away!

TJ said...

Wah wah! Try living in Walmart land. If we move to Bartlesville, we are thinking of living closer to Ossawgo and TARGET. I will kiss that sweet bullseye every time and never step foot in Walmart again.

I am thinking about buying me some Target stock. It is under $30....

Unknown said...

We're doing our part, too. I've only been there twice this week, but I know I have go to again today and at least once more this weekend.

TJ said...

FYI, Michelle is giving away Target giftcards this week.

http://www.michelle-bsktgirl.blogspot.com/

Bad Mommy said...

You seriously don't know WHY they're in the crapper?

Duh! Bad mommy moved to Europe!

I miss the pretty red carts....

kmm0305 said...

WTG, Bad Mommy! :P I always seek out one of the pretty new carts when we are there.