Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Star of the Week

Emma is the Star of the Week in her class this week. The kids fill out a short "interview" sheet and can bring pictures and special things from home. I let Emma help me pick out pictures to share at school, including a picture of each of her great-grandma's named Emma, her decked out in Cyclone gear at 5 months, a picture of her with Cy from VEISHEA this year (she was wearing a full-out snowsuit, it was so darn cold!), pictures of the three houses she's lived in, a picture of her eating at Hickory Park, and a picture of her and Leah. She said that a friend had brought in a baby picture, so I let her pick a picture out of her "birth" photo file. This is what she picked:

Photobucket

When I asked her after school yesterday how things went, she said that everyone laughed at her baby picture. She said, "I was thinking over and over in my head, 'I wish I wouldn't have brought that picture, I wish I wouldn't have brought that picture'". It was too cute how she was dealing with her "embarrassment". Hubby told her that every one of her classmates probably had pictures that looked very similar. I think that made her feel maybe a little better, but not much. Believe me, there are pictures we could've sent in that would've been way more embarrassing! ;)

No comments: