Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Don't ask me why I'm saying that, because I am in no way-shape-or-form even remotely Irish. I could name about 12 other nationalitlies I may be, but none of them are Irish. Heck, I'm at least 50% German so that doesn't leave much room for anything else. But if you need an excuse to drink green beer or pinch people, there you go. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Poor dh can't catch a break. Since we only have our health and dental insurance for about 17 more days, we have some dental work to get done. Dh went in on Friday for two small fillings and came out with a root canal. Ouch. What else should we throw at him? How about a tax appointment this morning. That sounds like fun. Pay someone a bunch of money so you can pay even more money to the government. Anything else? Let's take a 4 hr car ride (one way) with two small children and a cat. Yep, that will be coming up later this week. How much fun can we have in one month?!

My turn at the dentist is Wednesday. One cool thing about going to our dentist is you get to watch DVD's while you are getting your fillings. Its better than staring at the palm tree tile over the florescent lights--am I really supposed to think I am laying on a tropical beach while my mouth is shot full of novicane and the drill whines in the background? I don't think so. So the last time I went to the dentist I made it through one whole movie and part of another. Do you know most movies are usually about 1.5-2 hrs long? I'll let you figure out how long I was there. And I'm taking more than one movie on Wednesday as well. I get to do it yet again a week from Tuesday. It is sad when the only time you can watch a "grown-up" movie is at the dentist. (Last night I had to sit through Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"--wow, is that one demented movie. That one is going back to the library ASAP). Remember my post about genetics? Yup, I got bad teeth.

EE goes to a Christian based preschool, so she came home last week talking about Easter and Jesus dying on the cross and Palm Tree Sunday (we try to tell her its just Palm Sunday, but she insists). She was excited that yesterday was Palm Tree Sunday and she has been re-creating Jesus' ride into town in the living room, throwing down her palms and shouting "Hosanna". That is when she remembers what she is supposed to shout. Sometimes its Alleluia--that works, too. Guess who sat in our same pew at church--the dentist. Geesh, can't we get away from that guy?

2 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

Aren't you Catholic? I've never met a Catholic dentist. Hmmm. Interesting. Have fun with the dentist, is he cute like the Shopko guy?

kmm0305 said...

Yup, I guess maybe there are such things. My old Dr's wife was also Catholic and a dentist, so there goes your theory. ;)

Actually, he is. Damn his beautiful blonde wife, though.