Saturday, March 22, 2008

We Made It

Everyone is still in one piece and we are all still speaking to each other after the 4 hr car ride to Grandma and Grandpa's. Before our limit was 3 hrs in the car, so this was new territory for us. Three naps (okay, I really didn't nap as much as just close my eyes), two DVD's, one rest area stop, and multiple snacks kept everyone mostly happy on the ride. At least we didn't have to "Turn this car around and go home" although it was threatened before the trip began.

Life at the IL's has been fairly uneventful so far. SIL and I went shopping yesterday--one should not attempt to find things at WalMart on Good Friday (there is usually nothing "good" about WalMart). The mall was disappointing as well and I still have birthday cash burning a hole in my out-of-season handbang. Trying to find a cute Spring handbag was one of the missions on the shopping trip and I failed miserably. Also the Gap did not yet receive any of my money yet because they won't put what I want on sale. I will not pay full price. Never pay retail. Sales are my friends. No money for you.

This morning was the Easter Egg hunt and . . . . it was snowing. The town had already moved the hunt to the high school parking lot because the park they usually have it at was too wet/muddy. The parking lot was just as wet after it had been snowing for 2 hrs. Good thing kids don't mind soggy candy. Grandpa had the pleasure of taking EE to that, so I was home warm in my pj's.

The eggs are colored, the baskets are put together, and the Easter Bunny just has to fill eggs tonight. That's what Easter is all about, right? Sugar and presents. Never mind that whole "Jesus dying on the cross and rising again" thing. That's just a ploy to get us to come to church once a year. Now gimme some Peeps! ;)

1 comment:

Bad Mommy said...

Thank goodness. I was going through some serious EE and LC withdraw. Have a very good Easter with the family!