Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nevermind!

So dh had his interview yesterday. This company literally contacted him the day after he was let go. They had also contacted him last summer trying to "lure" him away from his former job. They are in the same industry he just left, which is not a stable industry at the moment. He played phone tag with the HR gal for three weeks, no lie.

I guess everything went fine, except for the small fact that they are no longer looking for someone. Nice. The projects they had to work on are being put on hold for awhile. So why even have him come down? For shits and giggles? Who knows, but I think it was a little bit of a blow for him. I think he saw this as a fall-back position; even if he couldn't find anything suitable it was at least an option. I guess that option is now gone.

So now what? I have to to have faith that there is something out there for him that 1. Will keep us in our current location and be within reasonable commuting distance and 2. Pays about the same or more. Not alot to ask, right? Ha.

1 comment:

Bad Mommy said...

That sucks, I'm sorry. Crossing my fingers that something good (and close) comes along quickly.