Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A couple of firsts

Here is our toothless wonder:

She missed school yesterday from being sick so today was her first day back after vacation and losing teeth. Today is also her sharing day, so she was going to share her new smile. We told her she couldn't open her mouth or talk to anyone until sharing time. Ha!

This is the other "first" that occured over the weekend:

We have gone to see Santa (usually multiple times) every year since Emma was about 18 months old. That first year she sat on Mrs. Claus' lap and didn't have too much fun.
Photobucket
Every year since then, she has been too scared to go see Santa and we haven't pushed the issue.
Photobucket
See the tears in the eyes? All that from after just seeing Santa and Mrs. Claus walk by. This year she was finally brave enough to go sit on his lap and give him her list. About time! ;)

Now the other child is afraid of Santa. I will say that when we went on Saturday we were pushing it with naptime, so she wasn't in a good mood. I have a feeling she will still keep her distance this year. If I got within two feet of Santa while holding her, she locked her arms and legs to my body and hid her face. We even had a few tears. I hope I can get the picture of what she looked like--so sad.

4 comments:

Bad Mommy said...

LOL, love it.

Mags said...

I love it too! Only 1 of my 3 kids will go near Santa. LOL

Glenda said...

We have the "sad Santa" pic, will try and get organized tonight and send it. Or make K. do it.

Cristin said...

I think we're taking the kids this weekend.. I don't know what to expect... and Mrs Claus? Nice touch!