Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Christmas PSA of the day

As the last few hours of Christmas shopping are quickly slipping away, I have a final "tip" for all you Christmas shoppers:

Make sure you have plenty of batteries on hand. Otherwise your child may open a gift from Santa which requires 4 AA batteries and Santa's helper could've sworn the package said AAA, a size on which you bought plenty before hand. You may be stealing batteries from other toys around the house on Christmas morning as you get ready to depart for Grandma and Grandpa's house so your child may take their new digital camera with them. You may be praying that the batteries hold out for just a few hours and hope that your parents' battery supply is better than yours. You may then remember that they are even more battery incompetent than you are. You may spend the day telling your child "Don't play with your exciting new toy too much because the batteries may die and you will lose all the fantastic pictures you have taken." You might have to brave Target on the day after Christmas to buy batteries, one day too late.

Not that something like that has ever happened to me. I'm just saying something like that may transpire if you don't have batteries on hand. At last count (which I made hubby do as I called him from Target before I checked out yesterday) we have at least 15-20 each of AA and AAA. Lord help us if any toys require D's.

3 comments:

Minyo said...

Very Important! I stocked up on AA's yesterday. I think my girls are getting cameras from grandparents, so I'll make sure we take the extra batteries wherever their cameras go. I don't think we bought any battery powered toys this year. That is a first for us :)

TJ said...

Thanks for the reminder! Mable's cash register takes C's if I remember correctly. Who the heck uses C's anymore? ;)

TJGD

Glenda said...

Auntie G and Uncle K only gave non-battery operated gifts this year, except for one for the cats.