Monday, December 22, 2008

To Do Part Two

Let's look at this list again and see how much I've accomplished:

  1. Finish up Christmas cards (need to update addresses, wait for pics from Winkflash, wait for envelopes from my bestest sister ever, buy stamps, mail)
  2. Finish buying presents (need one more thing)
  3. Finish wrapping presents
  4. Try to find someone to watch Leah so I can go to Emma's Christmas party at school
  5. Haircuts for possibly all three girls, if not the older two for sure
  6. Make returns to Des Moines
  7. Do holiday baking (poppy seed bread, sugar cookies and whatever else I feel up to)
  8. Figure out what food to have for Christmas Day
  9. Make said food
  10. Put laundry away
  11. Clean the house for company
  12. Potty train child #2 in progress
  13. Send money off for hubby's side of the family
  14. Shovel 4" of snow off hubby's side of the driveway because I love him
  15. Instill in children the magic and wonder of Christmas while emphasizing the real reason for celebrating--the birth of baby Jesus

At least I can feel like I've accomplished something! The girls and I baked sugar cookies yesterday, so we will frost them today. I'm waiting for my photocards so I can send those out, but the envelopes are addressed and stamped ready to go. There are just a few last minute things I need to get for food, so maybe today. Hopefully the weather will hold and we can all go to Des Moines tomorrow for very last minute things. Then Christmas Eve day will be spent cleaning the house. Still working on the potty training thing. That one may become a New Year's Resolution.

2 comments:

TJ said...

You are doing better than I am!

Luckily Pearl potty trained easily. She doesn't even want a pull-upp on at night, but I can not trust her without her gate closed. :( Someday, someday...

TJGD

Minyo said...

Hope you get everything done. Looks like you've been very busy.

Good Luck with the potty training thing... just be patient... it'll happen eventually. A friend once told me not to stress about that ... she said she had never seen a kid go to kindergarten still wearing a diaper. I guess we just need to put things in perspective sometimes :)

Merry Christmas!