Tuesday, December 16, 2008

To Do List

Let's see if I can get this written down so I can remember what I need to do in the next week:

  1. Finish up Christmas cards (need to update addresses, wait for pics from Winkflash, wait for envelopes from my bestest sister ever, buy stamps, mail)
  2. Finish buying presents (maybe one or two things--need to buy something for Emma's teacher)
  3. Finish wrapping presents in progress
  4. Try to find someone to watch Leah so I can go to Emma's Christmas party at school
  5. Haircuts for possibly all three girls, if not the older two for sure
  6. Make returns to Des Moines--may have to delegate that one to hubby
  7. Do holiday baking (poppy seed bread, sugar cookies and whatever else I feel up to)
  8. Figure out what food to have for Christmas Day
  9. Make said food
  10. Put laundry away
  11. Clean the house for company
  12. Potty train child #2 in progress
  13. Send money off for hubby's side of the family
  14. Shovel 4" of snow off hubby's side of the driveway because I love him
  15. Instill in children the magic and wonder of Christmas while emphasizing the real reason for celebrating--the birth of baby Jesus

Is that enough for the week before Christmas? The weather isn't helping my cause much--inside all day the past two days and probably Thursday as well.

ETA #13 & #14--I'm sure there will be more additions!

It may not look like I got much accomplished today, but I did. Honest!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know, I think #10 and #11 are a long shot. Envelopes from #1 should be to you today or tomorrow. While you're at it, can you work on #12 with my kid, too? :D

We've gone through three loaves of poppy seed bread already.

TJ said...

Recently, whenever I ask Mable "What did you forget?" (saying thank you, putting your coat away, etc.) she replies... "Christmas is really about Jesus' Birthday, not Santa."

I think they might over-drill that at school. ;)

TJGD

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love the way your name is spelled...but that extra "y" sure is special, isn't it?

I actually tried two slings with #1 and I never really felt comfortable with them. Isabelle actually hated them.

And, I love that you are potty training, too. If you have an secrets let me know. Our 2 year old (26 months) does great at school, but she's horrible at home!

I'm planning on doing a birthday cake for Jesus to help the kids understand a little more!

Good luck with your to do list!

Glenda said...

I have avoided making a list because I DON'T WANT TO KNOW how behind I am.
The whole light shopping/going to Kmart/and the liqour store extravaganza last night meant nothing got worked on for Christmas.

Jenn M said...

I so need to make that list too, that will be my blog post tonight or not as I love to live in the land of procrastination and denial!