Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

I usually don't make too many New Year's resolutions because basically I know I won't keep them. If I did make them, they would be more of the same: get organized, decorate the house (I would have to get a sense of style to do that, I don't see that happening soon), lose weight--you know the routine.

One thing I need to do is take more pictures and videos of the kids. We've never had a video camera, but our digitals have always had camera capabilities. Now that I have a new camera and a 8GB card, I have no excuses.

We had a perfect example of needing to be recording the kids 24/7 the other night at supper. I can't remember what led us to the subject of love, but somehow Emma started talking about how girls have to fall in love with boys and boys with girls. She said something to the effect of, "I've been in love." Oh really? With who? She named a boy from her class. Then with the most dreamy voice she says, "I looked into his eyes and he looked into my eyes and it was attraction." Hubby and I are just looking at each other and cracking up at this point. What 5 year old talks like that?! I guess this exchange took place at the lunch table, one of the most romantic spots in school if you remember.

Anyone have any fun plans for New Year's Eve? Will you be staring into the eyes of your true love? I will make a horrible date tonight since I feel like crap. I'll be lucky to stay awake past 10pm. Poor hubby. Happy New Year's, everyone! Wishes for many laughs in 2009!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy New Year to you. This is our anniversary, so we always have dinner out together and have a wonderful time. But, we're home before 10pm usually, and sometimes even asleep before midnight.

Cristin said...

Happy New Year!

There wasn't a lot of celebrating here... I worked and got home at around 11:45 just in time for a drink and a kiss as the ball dropped...

Hope you're feeling better...